When you apply for a Contributor account you can create a profile that includes:
- your personal bio
- links to other personal websites
- playlists of the music you think other OIMA users should check out
- a blog to highlight the best of what you're finding on the site and about music in Ontario in general
- and eventually, the right to upload older music for stream only and get engaged as a music detective
What counts as music from Ontario?
A song is considered Ontarian, and suitable for OIMA, if it meets any one of the follow criteria:
- the artist or majority of artists comprising the group that created the song were born in Ontario
- the artist or group are currently based in Ontario (and have been for at least six months) and the song was recorded during their time in Ontario
- the artist or group previously lived in Ontario for at least five years and the song to be archived was recorded during that time
What counts as independent music?
If you already have a Listener account, you can click here to apply to have your account upgraded to a contributor account.